CELTA Teacher Training
Benefit from highly experienced tutors
Start your international teaching career
Certificate in English language teacher training (CELTA)
We are still accepting applications for our 2022-23 course
Flexible study options – full time (4 weeks) or part time (1 term)
|Language level:||Native-level speaker – strong C1 & above or IELTS 7.0|
|Teaching experience:||No teaching experience required|
|Full time start dates:||5 September, 3 October & 31 October 2022|
|Part time start date:||5 September 2022|
|Maximum class size:||15 students|
|Teaching hours:||Up to 15 hours per week|
|Teaching method:||Face-to-face learning|
|Tuition fees:||£1500 (All fees include Cambridge English fees)|
|Optional extras||Residential accommodation and meals|
|Terms & Conditions|
What is CELTA?
CELTA is a Level 3 teaching qualification for anyone who wants to get into teaching English as a foreign and second language and travel the world. The benefits of the CELTA are:
- Gain a professional level 3 qualification and train as an EFL teacher
- Develop your teaching skills, lesson planning, and improve your linguistic confidence
- Gain practical experience of a real-life ELT classroom
- Build a network within the international ELT industry
- Begin your professional development journey in teaching.
Why choose our CELTA course?
We are a Cambridge English Teaching Qualification Centre for the CELTA and have a track record of successfully preparing teachers for this qualification. The benefits of our professional development course include:
- Study at an international college with a worldwide reputation in providing academic and professional courses for over 65 years
- Develop your teaching skills and achieve your learning goals in our supportive environment
- Receive feedback on 6 hours of observed teaching practice
- Benefit from our highly experienced team of teacher trainers
- Utilise our well-equipped academic facilities and resources, including a private specialist teacher training hub
- Study with adults from all over the world to expand your cultural awareness and make friends for life
- Make the most of the academic resources in Oxford during your studies. Immerse yourself in a university city steeped in history and benefit from the world-famous museums, libraries, and art galleries.
Please download our application form and email the completed form to email@example.com. The application procedure includes:
- Pre-interview Task
- Interview with Course Tutor
Candidates are required to:
- Attend the whole course
- Write 4 course assignments and 6 teaching assignments
- Complete 6 hours of observed teaching practice.
- Private study space for CELTA trainees
- Teacher Training Library
- Course materials – We have a wide range of course materials that can be borrowed for your lesson planning and observed teaching practice
- Reading list – You will be issued with a short pre-course reading list. This includes books which should be bought by you
- Syllabus – The CELTA syllabus is available from St Clare’s upon request.
Back to top ^