English For Life
Truly international classes
Flexible start dates
The ideal course to develop your English language skills
This course is tailored to help international students develop their English grammar and vocabulary alongside their reading, writing, listening and speaking. Levels range from elementary to advanced, so whatever your current level, we have the right course for you. Our personalised language programme helps you make the maximum progress in the shortest possible time.
Key facts: English for Life
Become more fluent and confident with English for Life
The key benefits include:
- Small international classrooms
- Oxford: our location in the famous academic city of Oxford will complement your study experience
- Build confidence in reading, writing, listening and speaking for professional, academic or personal reasons
- Flexible study programme: you can start at any time throughout the year at any level
- Personal tutor: to support you on your individual learning goals
- Varied activity programme
- An international experience: develop life-long friendships and expand your networks with peers from over 20 countries
- Academic experience: we are accredited by the British Council (BC) and the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) for the teaching of English
- Quality teaching: we have experience in teaching English to non-native speakers for over 60 years
- Only an hour from London by train: Oxford has a good geographic location
- Innovative study programme: we take learning beyond the classroom with regular study visits to places of cultural and historic interest within Oxford. Our unique approach is based on a theme of the week will keep learning engaged and focused.
Course Dates and Fees
Courses start on Sundays
|6 January||3 February||3 March|
|21 April||19 May||16 June|
|23 June||7 July||21 July|
|28 July||4 August||18 August|
Tuition Fees – 2019
|Number of Weeks||Price|
|10 Private lessons a week||£570|
|15 Private lessons a week||£855|
|25 Private lessons a week||£1,425|
|Length of stay||Tuition and twin standard||Tuition and twin superior|
|Length of stay||Tuition and single standard||Tuition and single superior|
|Length of stay||Tuition and homestay standard||Tuition and homestay superior|
Standard room is: with shared bathroom
Superior room is: non-shared bathroom
Lunch at the college (Mon-Fri): £45 per week
Breakfast and dinner (every day): Included in homestay accommodation
Personal Language Training:
Students can add one-to-one English language lessons to their language classes. Lessons last 55 minutes and are charged at £57 per lesson.
Fees for the following examinations are currently between approximately £150 -£210.
B2 First (FCE)
C1 Advanced (CAE)
C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Optional college weekend trips / theatre visits / excursions, etc:
Day excursions at weekends — free to £40
Theatre tickets and transport — £25 to £45
Weekend trip with overnight stay (two nights) — £70 to £300
Additional sports and other activities — £10 to £15 per week
Stationery/book purchase (loan of books is included in fees)
General spending money — allow a minimum of £80 per week
Bus travel: single trip from £2.00; 1 week £14.50; 4 week 49.00
St Clare’s sweatshirt £20
Please note: Prices are approximate please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Have a question about the English For Life course?
We always encourage students and parents to visit the college. Visits can be arrange at any time and we host two Open Mornings per year.
If you are not able to visit, please contact Manuela with any questions or enquiries you may have about St Clare’s or the English For Life course.