Fantasy Literature in Oxford
• Specialist English language teaching
• memorable activities, sports and excursions
Fantasy Literature in Oxford is an academic course for teenagers
|Age:||15-17 years old|
|Level:||From upper intermediate (CEF B2) to very advanced (CEF C2)|
|Start dates:||11 July 2021|
|Course length:||2 weeks|
|Class size:||Maximum 15 students|
|Lessons (hours):||25 (22.9 hours) Monday to Friday|
|Fees include:||Tuition, accommodation, meals, travel insurance, activities, sports and 1 excursion per week|
|Accommodation:||College residence or homestay|
|Timetable:||Fantasy Literature in Oxford sample timetable|
|Optional extras:||Airport transfers|
|Terms & Conditions|
Fantasy Literature explores Oxford’s contribution to fantasy books and films
The key benefits include:
- Share your creativity: Take part in group activities which include writing, performing and producing a play or your own fantasy film
- Spark your imagination: Become inspired by the fantasy books and films which you explore whilst studying in Oxford
- Develop your analytical and writing skills: Gain experience of creating film and book reviews
- Connect the classroom with the city of Oxford: Benefit from Study Visits to Oxford’s Story Museum and local literary trails
- Small groups: A supportive classroom environment with a high staff-to-student ratio. Students will be accompanied on every trip by professional activity leaders.
- Quality language teaching: Use English to explore Oxford’s contribution to fantasy books and films.
- Build your confidence and fluency in English: Learning focuses around a Theme-of-the-Week and includes Guest Speaker events
- International atmosphere: Study and live alongside other students from all around the world in our truly international learning environment. Learn about new cultures and share your own as you improve your English together
- Engaging activities: Enjoy sports, activities and 1 excursions per week to places like London. It also includes on-campus events like a fantasy film night
- Safe learning environment: Our campus is one of 27 buildings close to the city centre
A member of the English UK specialist group for Young Learners
Summer courses price list and dates
Our summer course package for teenagers
Our teenager course prices include tuition, accommodation, meals, insurance, activities, sports and 1 excursion per week.
Quarantine package for teenagers
We look forward to welcoming you to Oxford this summer. For those that need to quarantine, we have set up 3 quarantine arrival days – 24 June, 01 July and 15 July. These students will need to purchase an additional 10 day quarantine package which includes:
- 15 hours English & Culture (10 hours live online classes + 5 hours self-study)
- Access to the residential house garden where you are staying
- Evening COVID safe activities online
- Make friends with students in the same bubble
- Access to protective equipment like face masks and hand sanitisers
- Accommodation in our college residence
- Welfare support – daily call or chat with our staff
- Full board – meals delivered to your room
- Price for 10 days is £590
After the quarantine period face-to-face teaching resumes. We would like to reassure you that our current precautions have already reduced the risks within the school environment. Our COVID web page includes the latest updates. We have also put together Covid-19 FAQs to help you plan for your visit.
Summer course enquiry
Please fill in this form to submit an enquiry on our Fantasy in Oxford course.
You may also wish to get in touch to arrange a campus tour or find out what it is like to live and study in the city of Oxford.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Back to top ^