English for Examinations
• practise examinations in class
• start the path to your academic future
Preparing you for the IELTS examination and your academic future
Level: Intermediate to advanced CEF B1 to C1
Length: two or three weeks
Class: maximum 12 students
Lessons: 21 plus 3 guided self-study per week (19.25 + 2.75 hours)
Is this summer course for me?: Yes, if you would like to improve your English language skills and gain a qualification for university or for your career.
St Clare’s has a strong tradition of academic success. Our short examination courses help students to boost their prospects at university and in their working lives.
IELTS is the most popular English Language exam at St Clare’s:
- it tests your level in English
- it is widely used by universities in the UK and other countries as an entrance requirement
- it can be taken in Oxford every month.
FCE and CAE (two of the Cambridge Examinations) also have a very high reputation. They offer a qualification for life, and examinations may be taken in your home country three times a year.
This course is designed to prepare you for these examinations, giving you the best possible change of future success in your academic and working life. Examination courses at St Clare’s:
- are taught in small groups (max. 12)
- focus on improving the fluency and accuracy of academic language skills
- practise examination techniques
IELTS & Academic English
|09.00-11.00||Focus on accuracy|
|11.15-12.15||Focus on fluency|
Contact the Department
Students from our Teenager Courses headed to Stratford Upon-Avon for a walking tour as one of the many excursions we offer. They visited the iconic places around the town including William's Shakespeare's house, his school and the famous Royal Shakespeare...
Oxford is a popular destination for many, attracting students and tourists from all over the world. The city has so much to offer, from iconic English heritage to its quaint cafes and restaurants. If you needed more convincing, here are our top ten reasons to...
A Harold Pinter Play The IB19 held a great rendition of Harold Pinter’s ‘Party Time’. The students have been working with techniques from physical theatre, inspired by the work of the Frantic Assembly theatre company. With a minimalist style, the production used a...
- tuition (21 lessons per week) — teaching materials
- college accommodation with self-catering facilities
- homestay with breakfast and dinner every day
- activities Programme – a full range of activities, sports and local trips
- one FREE excursion per week
- lunch Monday – Friday
- travel insurance
- please read our Terms & Conditions
|Tuition and Accommodation prices|
|Room type||2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||Extra week|
|Single Standard (includes breakfast
and dinner every day)
|Single Superior (includes breakfast
and dinner every day)
- College Meals – breakfast and dinner every day – £90 per week
- Visa Support documents – £25
- Airport Transfers
Calculate the cost of your course
|Airport transfer one way|
|London Heathrow (LHR)||£115|
|London Gatwick (LGW)||£170|
|London Luton (LTN)||£135|
|London Stansted (STN)||£165|