• Specialist English language teaching
• Gain a rich cultural experience
• memorable activities, sports and excursions
• Groups are divided by age 9 to 12 and 13 to 15 years old
Active English is an academic English course for juniors aged 9-15 years
- Grow in confidence in all four English language skills – speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- Open your mind to new experiences with visits to places of cultural and historic interest in Oxford and London.
|9-15 years old
|From elementary (CEF A2) to very advanced (CEF C2)
|Our teaching approach follows a Theme of the Week
|Active English sample timetable
|2-week courses timetable & 3-week courses timetable
7, 21 & 28 July 2024 and 4 August 2024
|Maximum 15 students
|18 (16.5 hours) Monday to Friday
|Tuition, accommodation, meals, travel insurance, airport transfers, activities, sports & up to 3 excursions per week
|Terms & Conditions
Choose 1 option per week:
- Oxford Explorer (9-12 years): Work on English language projects inspired by the unique cultural and academic institutions in Oxford.
- Media and Communications (13-15 years): Develop your English language skills through social media content generation, short video production, advertising and journalism.
- Performing Arts: Develop skills in a range of performing arts including acting, dance, public speaking and improvisation.
- Football Coaching: Improve your football skills with our professional Football Association qualified coaches.
- Tennis Coaching: Receive coaching from professional LTA qualified coaches.
Supportive classroom with a high staff-to-student ratio: Benefit from a supportive classroom environment and strong pastoral care. Our caring staff help you thrive during your time here. Our professional activity leaders accompany you on study visits and excursions
Specialist English language teaching: Develop your English language skills with our quality teaching experience
Interactive learning: Language teaching focuses on topical Weekly Themes and includes Study Visits. The weekly excursions are a mix of historical, cultural and fun activities which students are introduced to in the classroom before their visit.
Gain a rich cultural experience: Visit cultural and historical locations in Oxford and places nearby like London, Bath and Windsor
International atmosphere: Meet students from around the world. Our summers courses have international appeal, which creates an dynamic multicultural classroom
Enjoyable study visits, sports and excursions: Discover new cultural locations with up to 3 excursions per week. It also includes on-campus events like arts and crafts, quizzes, ball games, disco, talent show and many more
Attractive and safe campus: Our study environment is a secure residential campus with a range of facilities and beautiful open spaces
Learn in a global city: Oxford is a world-famous academic city. It is a multicultural city with a rich heritage, and has lots to see and do
A member of the English UK specialist group Young Learners
Summer course enquiry
Please fill in this form to submit an enquiry for our Active English course.
You may also wish to get in touch to arrange a campus tour or find out what it is like to live and study in the city of Oxford.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Back to top ^