Business in Oxford
• Expands vocabulary for Business and Economics
• Connects enterprise with the classroom
Business in Oxford is a summer course for teenagers
This course will help you develop the core skills for an international career. The programme develops collaborative and cooperative learning and includes a visit to a business in Oxford and presentations by a guest speaker with first-hand experience of the world of business.
|15-17 years old
|From upper intermediate (CEF B2) to very advanced (CEF C2)
23 June 2024 and 21 July 2024
|Maximum 12 students
|25 (22.9 hours) Monday to Friday
|Tuition, accommodation, meals, travel insurance, activities, sports and 1 excursion per week
|College residence or homestay
|Business in Oxford sample timetable
|Activities Programme Timetable
|Terms & Conditions
Business in Oxford prepares you for academic study in business or economics
- Prepare for further academic study: Develop your core skills in business or economics whilst improving your English language vocabulary and fluency
- Academic teaching approach: Our academic programme focuses on the business environment and includes a range of activities which are based around a Theme of the Week
- Engaging insight on the business environment: Our study approach combines with the academic resources available in Oxford, these include inspirational Guest Speakers and Study Visits which enable you to experience a professional business environment first-hand
- Exciting excursions: Our rich study programme enables you to discover more about Oxford and cities like London in the UK
- International outlook: Our global student body exposes you to interesting insight on cultural differences which can impact business decisions. It also gives you the opportunity to meet and develop international friendships, which can help you establish your global business networks
- Dedicated support: Our class sizes are a maximum of 12 students. You will benefit from a high staff to student ratio, and will be nurtured and supported throughout your studies
- Develop specialist skills: Learn how to thrive in the business environment and develop experience of team work, as well as interview techniques, CV writing and presentation skills
- Enhance communication skills: Gain experience of persuasive communication skills through activities like classroom debates on topical issues
- Creative thinking: Explore a personal business research project on Business or Economics
- Careers advice: Take part in a careers session tailored to your course. One of our experts will lead a session helping you learn about careers in the field and understand how you can get there
A member of the English UK specialist group for Young Learners
Summer course enquiry
Please fill in this form to submit an enquiry on our Business in Oxford course.
You may also wish to get in touch to arrange a campus tour or find out what it is like to live and study in the city of Oxford.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Back to top ^