• aimed at the more serious student
• focus on fluency and accuracy
• develop English for academic work
• examination practice
Discover new English language and academic study skills this summer
The Intensive and Examination English course is aimed at the more serious student. It combines integrated English Language skills, academic study skills, and examination practice with a range of activities and excursions.
|English Language development: 25 lessons per week
Level: from intermediate to advanced
Length: three weeks
Class size: 12 maximum
Lessons focus on:
- accuracy and fluency skills: grammar, listening, speaking, reading and writing activities, conversation practice, role plays, debates, discussions, presentations
- English for Academic Purposes and Examination skills: note-taking, research, IELTS and Cambridge Examination preparation
Your teachers have high expectations and encourage you to work hard both inside and outside the classroom, with regular homework tasks and weekly progress tests.
Note: one lesson=55 minutes
Digital Books are part of the Intensive English curriculum therefore it is essential that students on this course bring a windows or apple tablet or laptop to make the most of their learning experience*.
* The eBook system is not device-specific and will work on any internet connected device with a modern web browser. The absolute minimum size of screen is 7 inch but 10 inch is far better as it affords a greater working area. Mobile phones are not suitable as they are simply too small. Android or iPad tablets will work fine as will windows and apple laptops. The software works best with the google chrome web browser.
|Dates||Number of weeks||Price|
|Sunday 1 July – Saturday 21 July
|Sunday 22 July – Saturday 11 August
Contact the Department
Students from our Teenager Courses headed to Stratford Upon-Avon for a walking tour as one of the many excursions we offer. They visited the iconic places around the town including William's Shakespeare's house, his school and the famous Royal Shakespeare...
Oxford is a popular destination for many, attracting students and tourists from all over the world. The city has so much to offer, from iconic English heritage to its quaint cafes and restaurants. If you needed more convincing, here are our top ten reasons to...
Our amazing, brilliant and nutty Course Director for the Junior Summer Course Nina Ward celebrated her 20th year with us at St Clare's! Her daily tasks involve running the busy and fun packed Junior Course as well as ensuring students settle in happily and...