Accommodation for teenagers
The advantages of living in a college houses are:
- each house has a resident warden responsible for the welfare and care of students
- weekly and full boarding arrangements are available
- male and female students live in separate houses
- most bedrooms are twin rooms with some triple rooms
- single bedrooms are usually for second-year IB students
- three houses are specifically for younger students (15-16 years old). The wardens provide a greater degree of supervision for these younger students
- all houses have a common room and a kitchen to make drinks and snacks
- meals are provided in the dining room or the Sugar House café
- WiFi is provided in each house and in every bedroom
- students must abide by the house rules
- house rules differ slightly for students of different ages
In June, July and August, teenagers taking our English language courses can choose to live in one of our carefully selected homestays.
The advantages of living in a homestay are:
- full immersion into the English way of life and a chance to learn about the country from people who live here
- a single room with your own private space in a private home
- an opportunity to practise your language skills in everyday social situations and interact with local people as you travel to and from college every day
- a taste of home cooking: you will share breakfast and dinner with your host every day
- you might sit together in the evenings and chat about your day
- you can meet your friends for lunch in the college dining room or Sugar House café
- it is often the best way to learn about life in Oxford
Big congratulation to our IB class of 2018! St Clare’s students achieved outstanding results with an average score of 36 points. The average score worldwide is 30 points. Students have gained places at Oxford, LSE and top universities around the world. For...
Students from our Teenager Courses headed to Stratford Upon-Avon for a walking tour as one of the many excursions we offer. They visited the iconic places around the town including William's Shakespeare's house, his school and the famous Royal Shakespeare...
Oxford is a popular destination for many, attracting students and tourists from all over the world. The city has so much to offer, from iconic English heritage to its quaint cafes and restaurants. If you needed more convincing, here are our top ten reasons to...